UCI Forum on COVID-19: Where Are We & What to Expect Next
April 27, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is the single biggest threat to global public health and the economy. The circumstances provide UCI the opportunity to assemble an expert cadre of health professionals, business leaders and policymakers to take a deep dive into the “new normal” currently defined by COVID-19 and what can be expected in its aftermath.
This panel will discuss the current state of health, the continued threat that the pandemic poses to individuals and the community, and navigating the new realities in healthcare (telemedicine, public health, testing, surveillance and contact tracing).
Opening Message: UCI Chancellor Howard Gillman
Moderator: Steve Goldstein, vice chancellor of health affairs
- Dean Michael Stamos, School of Medicine
- Dean Bernadette Boden-Albala, Program in Public Health
- Chad Lefteris, CEO of UCI Health
- Dr. Susan Huang, professor of infectious diseases
- Dr. Shaista Malik, associate vice chancellor for integrative health
- Andrew Noymer, associate professor of population health & disease prevention